Chess Solicitors is a trading name of Chess Solicitors Ltd – a private limited company (by shares) registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number (CRN) 07733344. Our registered address is 33 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0PW where a list of members may be inspected.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) who are a regulatory body for solicitors and law firms of England and Wales. Our SRA licence number is 629831. Please refer to the SRA guidelines at www.sra.org.uk.
Chess Solicitors is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with registration number Z343647X.
Our VAT number is 245 7242 06.
We have sufficient level of insurance to cover professional tasks that we undertake as per the SRA regulations.
Our public and products liability insurance is provided by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited and Policy Number is PL-PSC03001761253/04.
Our employers’ liability insurance is provided by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited and Policy Number is PL-PSC03001761253/04.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Chess Solicitors and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Chess Solicitors. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Chess Solicitors takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you in writing an acknowledgement of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Mr. Arnab Sen, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Mr. Sen may then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three working days of the meeting, Mr. Sen will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr. Sen will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm or appropriate alternative such as review by another local solicitor or mediator to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the
PO Box 6806